SAICE Patrons Engineering Bursary Scheme (SPEBS) invites suitable applicants for Bursary programme for 2021.
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 31st July 2021
SPEBS is a bursary scheme established in 1992 by the South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE) to help financially needy students with academic potential who wish to pursue their tertiary education. Bursaries are granted to National Diploma students after having passed their first level (S1) examination and to degree students after having passed their first-year examinations.
Bursaries are renewable every semester and are based on the student’s academic performance. The bursary scheme partially covers registration, tuition and books. Currently, the bursary value amounts to a maximum of R6 500 per student per semester. The bursary amount is still dependent on the conditions set by the donators in which this amount could be more or less than R6 500.
- Completed all the subjects from previous study levels
- Students who study towards the National Diploma or the Degree in Civil Engineering at a South African tertiary institution
National Diploma students:
- Candidates who have already passed their first level (S1) National Diploma examination
- S2, S3 and S4 civil engineering students only
- Candidates who have already passed their first semester examinations
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th year civil engineering students only
How to apply
Download and complete the SAICE SPEBS Bursary Application Form. Application form and required documents must be sent to: SAICE – SPEBS Desk, Private Bag X200 HALFWAY HOUSE 1685
Attach certified copies of the following documents:
- Full academic record