South32 HMM invites suitable applicants for Bursary programme for 2021.
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 4th June 2021
South32 is committed to the development of its host communities in areas it operates. Skills development is one of the focus areas in which we aim to contribute to enable our host communities to access employment opportunities or start their own small businesses. In addition to our bursary scheme targeted at Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM), we are proud to be introducing a new Bursary Scheme for our communities for non-STEM subjects. The bursaries are aimed at increasing the skills in the John Taolo Gaetsewe (JTG) District to be used beyond the mining sector and contribute to the diversification of the local economy. Successful candidates will be sponsored to study and obtain qualifications of their choice.
- Full payment of tuition fees
- Payment of meals and
- Book allowance
- Students currently studying for a Degree/Diploma in any discipline and in any year of study at a registered tertiary institution (Higher Education and Training Institution)
- Previous year’s academic results, if doing first year at HET, the 2020 final matric results.
- Student must currently be enrolled at a HET studying toward a Diploma or Degree.
- In making the final selection, consideration will be given to attaining the objectives of the Mining Charter and Employment Equity Act
- Valid South African ID
- Copy of the Matric certificate
- Academic record/results (if applicable)
- Brief CV
- Proof of Registration of HET
- Proof of residence (copy of municipal water & lights, or a letter from a Council member or Chief), confirming that you are a resident of the JTG District.
How to apply
Interested and Qualifying candidates must please apply online at www.careerwise.co.za/ applications/ (online application only). We will need you to use a promotional code for the purpose of tracking your application. Please use the following promotional code: South32COMM21 or Physical applications can be submitted at the Tushiya Business Hub (El Dorado Hotel Kuruman).
For any issue, please contact Career Wise on firstname.lastname@example.org.