Soltrain invites suitable applicants for Bursary programme for 2021.
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 16th April 2021
The main objective of the SOLTRAIN is to support target nations to change their energy supply systems from being largely dependent on fossil fuels to a sustainable supply structure based generally on renewable energy. The Group helps achieve this goal through the South African Solar Thermal Training & Demonstration Initiative (SOLTRAIN) Student Project Support Scheme by offering bursaries for postgraduate studies for the second half of the Academic Year 2021.
Any postgraduate study that deals with topics on solar thermal energy are eligible for funding although submitted applications dealing with the following topics will have higher priority:
- Potential analysis for solar thermal systems in the health sector
- Analysis of measurement data from selected systems from the SOLTRAIN project
- Any topics related to the use of solar thermal technologies for drying, heating, or cooling in industrial applications.
- Documentation and analysis of mass housing programmes with mandatory installation of solar water heaters (this is only for South Africa and Namibia)
How to apply
Interested applicants can apply online. Applicants must upload the following documents in PDF format together with a description for each of the documents:
- Proof of registration for the Academic Year 2021
- A detailed academic transcript that includes all of the current modules and marks
- A support letter from a supervisor
- Any other supporting documentation relevant to the application