Sanlam invites suitable applicants for Bursary programme for 2021.
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 31st July 2021
Sanlam is calling on suitable candidates who are looking for bursary support to submit an application for its current Bursary Programme offering. The bursary programme is for high potential students who wish to advance their actuarial studies but are hindered mainly by financial constraints.
- Tuition fees
- Book allowance
- Pocket money
- Actuarial Board Exam fees
- Must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Has completed Matric or is currently in Matric OR.
- Enrolled in the upcoming year to study Actuarial Science.
- For Grade 11 and Matric, have a minimum of 90% in Mathematics.
- For Grade 11 and Matric, have a minimum “A” overall average.
- Possesses strong skills in mathematics.
- Preference goes to students from specific groups namely African, Indian or Coloured.
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Has the ability to adapt to different situations
- Has the ability to function independently
- Has superior accuracy and organizational skills
How to apply
Applications are done online. Click on the link to access the recruitment page
- A certified copy of an ID document.
- For Grade 11, a certified copy of the year-end results.
- For Matric, a certified copy of the mid-year results.
- NBT results.
- Curriculum Vitae with special focus on leadership skills, academics, and extra-mural activities
- A letter of motivation showing the answers to the following:
- Describe what an actuary does in your own words
- What is your reason for studying actuarial science?
- What do you think it takes to become a successful actuary?
- Why should the company award you the bursary support?
- What other careers would you consider should you not succeed with this application?
Address: 173 Oxford Rd, Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196
Tel: 010 900 1244