Masakhi’iSizwe invites suitable applicants for Bursary programme for 2021.
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 21st August 2021
The Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme is a collaboration between the Western Cape Government Department of Transport and Public Works, tertiary study institutions, relevant professional structures, and several non-governmental organisations (NGOs). The bursaries are applicable to students wishing to study in the fields of engineering and building science.
Masakh’iSizwe translates into “Let’s Build the Nation” and the programme aims to produce graduates with degrees or higher diplomas who will work on the province’s infrastructure needs as its economy grows and the demand for better transport routes and settlement opportunities rises. Bursary holders have enhanced opportunities for internships during their studies and long-term employment after graduating.
Fields of study
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Management
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Property Studies
- Quantity Surveying
- Town/City and Regional Planning
- Transport Economics
- Transportation Engineering
- Prioritises individuals who are financially disadvantaged when awarding bursaries, especially learners from rural communities, students with disabilities, and women.
- Provides programmes for support services.
- Secures opportunities for learning.
- Secures opportunities for employment to those who graduate successfully.
The bursaries are offered on a work–back basis. In other words, you will have to work in the public service for one year for every year you have received a bursary. During your studies, you will also need to be:
- Attend workshops, events and meeting
- Partake in outreach programmes; and
- Undertake academic experiential training
Applicants to the Bursary must attend any of the approved universities:
- University of Cape Town
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Stellenbosch University
Interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a citizen of South Africa.
- Must get accepted at the tertiary institutions mentioned above.
How to apply
Students can apply for this bursary by downloading the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Application Form. (pdf) Students can find the instructions for submission on the form too.
- A certified copy of the matric certificate and/or latest results
- Proof of application/registration at the relevant Higher Education Institution
- Full course outline for 2022
- Estimation of study costs as supplied by the HEI
- Full academic records at HEI (qualification and/or latest results)
- Proof of financial aid (if applicable)
- Proof of existing debt (if applicable)
- Certified copiesofID(applicant/parent (s)/guardian/Fordeceased parents please provideacopyofthedeathcertificate)
- Salary slips or affidavits to support the financial status of parents/guardians/spouse.
- Proof of Address (an account or bill not older than 3 months)
- Medical proof (if disabled)
- Letter of motivation
Tel: 0860 212 414