Hulamin invites suitable applicants for Bursary programme for 2021.
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 29th January 2021
Hulamin is one of the largest fabricators and semi-fabricators of aluminium products in South Africa, with a history dating back to 1935 when Aluminium Limited of Canada (Alcan) first opened a sales office in the country. However, it wasn’t until the year 1940 that the Aluminium Company of South Africa was registered.
Fields of Study:
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study (undergraduate, 1st to 4th year of study):
- Accounting (BCom)
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
Coverage Value & Selection:
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, prescribed books, accommodation, meals, laptop, medical aid insurance and a cash allowance per annum. Students will also have the opportunity to take part in paid vacation work during university holidays.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview – if you do not receive any feedback by 28 February 2021 at the latest, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying (please note that failure to satisfy all the requirements will lead to your application not being considered):
- South African citizen
- From a previously disadvantaged background
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Studying or intend on studying within one of the aforementioned fields
- Entering 1st to 4th year of study in 2021
- Meet the entry requirements of your university for your chosen field of study
- Intend on studying at a recognised tertiary institute within South Africa
- Preference will be given to students who reside in Pietermaritzburg or the surrounding areas (where Hulamin headquarters are located)
How to apply
Download and complete the Hulamin Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Matric latest results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Full academic record, if currently studying (certified copy)
- University pre-acceptance letter (on university letterhead)
- Motivational letter
Applications must be submitted electronically via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Insert the words “Hulamin Bursary Application – Your Full Name” in the email subject line).
*Only emailed applications will be accepted – please do NOT fax or post your applications.
Enquiries: For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Hulamin directly: Tel: 033 395 6123 or Email: email@example.com.