Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) invites suitable applicants for Graduate / Internship opportunity for 2021.
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 6th September 2021
The Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) is responsible for the management of the DSI-HSRC Internship Programme on behalf of the Department of Science and Innovation. The Internship Programme provides unemployed Science, Engineering and Technology (SET), Research, Development, Innovation, Social Sciences and Humanities graduates and postgraduates (excluding Post-doctoral candidates) an opportunity to acquire practical work experience through mentoring and an exposure in an environment, relevant to their qualification. Placement will be available in public and private higher education institutions, science councils, research agencies, private sector, non-profit organisations and in relevant industries.
- Be a South African citizen or South African Permanent Resident (with a valid South African Identity Document).
- Non-South Africans are not eligible to apply;
- Should be currently unemployed and 35 years of age or younger at the time of submitting the application;
- A graduate holding any of the following:
- NQF Level 7: Bachelor’s, Advanced Diploma, or B-Tech Degree;
- NQF Level 8: Bachelor’s Hons Degree, and Postgraduate Diploma;
- NQF Level 9: Master’s Degree or M-Tech.
- Hold a qualification in Science, Engineering and Technology, Research, Development, Innovation, Social Sciences and Humanities or related disciplines and SHOULD HAVE COMPLETED THEIR STUDY at the time of submitting the application. See list of areas of specialisations/disciplines by province below.
How to apply
- Certified copies of certificates;
- Certified academic records; and
- Certified copy of the South African ID or Passport