Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2018 academic year. The advertised bursaries are for the following study fields: BSc: Geo-Informatics or GIS-related qualification, BSc: Environment Science, BSc: Agric, Soil Science, BSc: Agriculture Economics, BSc: Zoology, Botany or Ecology, ND: Chemical Engineering / Analytical Chemistry and ND: Nature Conservation.
Closing Date: 4 December 2017
Check full details below…
The Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development will make available a limited number of bursaries to historically disadvantaged South Africans residing in the Gauteng Province and who are considering a career in the Agriculture, Veterinary Services and Environmental Sectors. These professions fall within scarce and critical occupational categories.
|Fields of studies||Minimum requirements (National Senior Certificate)|
|BSc: Geo-Informatics or GIS-related qualification||Mathematics and Physical Science Level 5 (60-69)|
|BSc: Environment Science||Mathematics and Physical Science Level 5 (60-69)|
|BSc: Agric, Soil Science||Mathematics and Physical Science Level 5 (60-69)|
|BSc: Agriculture Economics||Mathematics and Physical Science Level 4 (50-59)|
|BSc: Zoology, Botany or Ecology||Mathematics, Chemistry and Physical Science Level 5 (60-69)|
|ND: Chemical Engineering / Analytical Chemistry||Mathematics, Chemistry and Physical Science Level 4 (50-59)|
|ND: Nature Conservation||Life Science and Physical Science Level 4 (50-59)|
Within the framework of the Scarce Skills Talent Pipeline and Human Resource Recruitment Policy, the selection of candidates is based on the following criteria:
• Applicants must show proof of admission (provisional admission) to a higher educational institution for any of the above qualifications
• Have been a permanent resident in the Gauteng Province for at least one year prior to application
• Studying or intending to study full time at a recognised institution of higher learning in Gauteng Province
• Preference will be given to those who excel academically and/or demonstrate potential
• Preference will be given to those who are not currently benefiting from any other bursary scheme
• Women, people with disabilities and people living in designated rural areas are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Application forms are obtainable from the reception area of Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House, Ground Floor or http://gdard.gpg.gov.za/ or click here to download the form.
Applicants are required to forward their applications directly via post to: Human Resources Development, Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, PO Box 8769, Johannesburg 2000 or hand delivery to the above-mentioned address.
For further enquiries, please contact Ms Zanele Mgcwera at (011) 240-2657 or Mr Livhuwani Mutswana at (011) 240-2590.