Film School Africa (FSA) invites suitable applicants for Bursary programme for 2021.
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 15th September 2021
Films and media constitute an important part of the entertainment industry. They are responsible for shaping the social life, culture, and the people of a nation. Thus, it is necessary that this industry receives attention, encouragement, and support. The Film School Africa has taken a step in this direction and has extended support to students who wish to pursue a career in the film industry. They offer a bursary program to deserving students for aiding them in achieving their career goals.
Bursary coverage and value
- Film School Africa provides bursary to 3-5 students each year. The value of the bursary depends upon the financial needs of the student. In addition to the bursary provided by the institution, students are also required to pool in money and make efforts from their end.
- Students in the third-year may receive an offer for an internship at the studios or film companies near the college campus.
Fields of study
- Preproduction: The preproduction stream focuses on location scouting, audition of the actors, creating the set design, setting the shooting schedule, etc. Students who wish to pursue a career in this stream must be creative, possess people skills and organization skills.
- Production: If you are interested in practical work then the production stream is for you. It includes practical work on the sets like lighting, wardrobe, make-up, and so on. This stream consists of 2 main components that include working with the camera and audio recording on-set. Skills like focus, technical ability, patience, and visual aptitude are necessary for working in this stream.
- Post Production: Self-motivation and focus are the two primary skills needed for this stream. Post-production involves shots editing, sound editing and mixing, and so on.
- Students applying for the bursary must be studying at FSA college (Somerset, Cape Town)
- Applicants must prove their financial crunch and the need for a scholarship
- You must be a Christian and be regular at attending chapel services and devotions
- Student must be willing to contribute money for the fees based on their ability
- Applicants must be willing to study in the streams mentioned above
- Students are required to stay on campus until the duration of the course. (2-3 years)
How to apply
- Bank statement of the last 3 months
- Bank statements of your parents/guardians
- Complete application form for Film studies
For any queries students can email at firstname.lastname@example.org