Columbus Stainless invites suitable applicants for Bursary Programme for 2021.
Closing Date: 15th February 2021
Columbus Stainless was founded in 1966, is part of the Acerinox Group of companies and is the sole producer of stainless steel on the African Continent. Located in Mpumalanga, South Africa, the company is a major supplier of stainless steel into Africa and internationally.
Stainless steel is durable, 100% recyclable and a preferred metal for the future. Columbus Stainless produces a range of products, including Cold Rolled Coil; Cold Rolled Sheet; Hot Rolled Coil; Hot Rolled Sheet; Hot Rolled Plate; Hot Rolled Black Coil; as well as Slit coil.
Fields of study
Columbus Stainless bursaries to students currently pursuing their studies in any of the following qualifications:
- Process Instrumentation: National Diploma (starting 2nd year in 2021)
- Mechanical Engineering: National Diploma (starting 2nd year in 2021)
- Physical Metallurgy/ Material Sciences: BEng/ BSc (starting 3rd year in 2021)
- Physical Metallurgy: BEng/ Material Science: BSc/ Chemical Engineering (starting 4th year in 2021)
Coverage & Selection
Students will receive financial assistance to help cover the cost of their studies, as well as the opportunity to increase your knowledge via the in-house training program after graduation .
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback within 2 weeks of the bursary closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Studying towards one of the aforementioned qualifications
- Process Instrumentation (National Diploma) students: completed 1st year and starting 2nd year of study in 2021
- Mechanical Engineering (National Diploma) students: completed 1st year and starting 2nd year of study in 2021
- Physical Metallurgy/ Material Sciences (BEng/ BSc) students: completed 2nd year and starting 3rd year of study in 2021
- Physical Metallurgy (BEng)/ Material Science (BSc)/ Chemical Engineering students: completed 3rd year and starting 4th year of study in 2021
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institution within South Africa
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60% for previous year of study
How to apply
Application must be done online at: https://columbus.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Home/BrowseJobs
Process Instrumentation (National Diploma) Bursary
Mechanical Engineering (National Diploma) Bursary
Physical Metallurgy/ Material Sciences (BEng/ BSc) Bursary
Physical Metallurgy (BEng)/ Material Science (BSc)/ Chemical Engineering Bursary
Submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your application (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (on institutes letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary registration for 2021 (on institutes letterhead)
Enquiries: For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact Columbus Stainless directly: Head Office, Tel: 013 247 9111