Citrus Academy invites suitable applicants for Bursary programme for 2022.
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 15th September 2021
Citrus fruit growing is a vital component of the South African agricultural sector. The Citrus Academy is a non-profit company that functions under the Citrus Growers’ Association of Southern Africa (CGASA). It aims to establish opportunities for human resource development in the sector, which is based largely in the Western Cape. This includes creating a forum to address issues specific to the citrus industry, including skills shortages, employment equity, and black economic empowerment (BEE), while also being representative of transformation in the sector.
Fields of study
- Agricultural Economics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Agricultural Management
- Agricultural Production Management
- Crop Production
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Plant Pathology
- Plant Production
- Soil Science
- Tuition fees
- Books and other stationery
- For postgraduate students- research costs
- Other expenses needed for the student’s studies
- Must be a citizen of South Africa, Zimbabwe or Swaziland.
- Must have completed Matric.
- Must be currently studying towards one of the fields of study mentioned above.
- Must be currently entering their 2nd year of study and above.
- Must be currently studying part-time or full-time at one of the recognised tertiary institutes in South Africa.
- Must have a strong academic record
- Preference goes to female students and those who have been previously disadvantaged. Open to disabled students too.
How to apply
Interested applicants can apply online at: https://citrusacademy.org.za/apply-for-a-bursary/. Applicants must also submit clear copies of the following supporting documents with the online application:
- A certified copy of an ID document.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s most recent tertiary academic results.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s most recent tertiary exam results.
- A certified copy of the applicant’s secondary education results.
- A motivational essay wherein the applicant explains why they want to study further, their background in the citrus industry, and how they plan to give back to the citrus industry and citrus enterprise after completing their studies. (maximum of 500 words)
- For postgraduate students, details of the applicant’s proposed research project.
For any queries related to this bursary programme, please contact the Citrus Academy directly:
Telephone Number: 031 765 3410 / 3412