Witzenberg Municipality hereby invites applicants to apply for vacant jobs posts (Vacancies). The advertise post are Foreman: Water!
Closing Date: 11 December 2017
Check full details below…
Salary: 173 654 .40 per annum
- Grade 12 and or relevant experience.
- 4 Years in a supervisory capacity in a similar environment.
- Code EC Driver’s License
- Communication Skills, disciplinary course and supervisory skills.
- Must be able to effectively manage and supervise the staff in the section.
- Must be able to travel to the various segments to check on progress.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with staff.
- Required to work in all weather conditions.
- Required to work overtime and/or outside normal working hours during emergencies and planned overtime.
- Must perform duties in the whole municipal area.
- Fluent in at least 2 of the 3 languages spoken in the Western Cape, Afrikaans, English or IsiXhosa.
- Inspecting and interacting with users( Council and Public) to promote the functionality of the Water Section
- Report and seek approval / guiding in the coordination of specific sequences to improve service delivery procedures
- Schedule work duties of personnel in the Water Section in conjunction with the immediate superior
- Do site inspections on a continuous basis to ensure the smooth functioning of the Section
- Plan and prioritise daily work of section.
- Delegate and supervise daily work to subordinates, leading and guiding staff.
- Inspect, check and correct work being done.
- Maintain fair distribution of operational resources and labour for each subsection
- Arrange and recommend appropriate working tools or equipment
- Submit reports to the immediate superior on the operational efficiency of the Water Section
- Submit statistical reports on daily activities including:
- Scheduled work carried out
- Details of complaints attended to
- Exact actions carried out to rectify the problem
- General functional feedback
- Compile reports on subordinate misconduct to be submitted as evidence during disciplinary hearings.
- Do necessary administration and filing regarding personnel issues such as attendance records and leave taken.
- Be aware of Municipal Health and Safety Regulations and comply where applicable.
- Provide all relevant staff with protective clothing and explain the necessity to wear and use it
- Ensure that staff adhere to health and safety regulations as contained in the Act
- Liaise with the immediate superior with regard to the maintenance required on vehicles and equipment
- Undertake inspections to ensure that all maintenance activities have been carried out in an acceptable manner and according to standards