Wits University hereby invites applicants to apply for vacant jobs posts (Vacancies).
Closing Date: 08 April 2018
To manage the University’s official social media accounts and their respective audiences in order to enhance the Wits brand and reputation in the social media space, thus be the voice of the Wits brand.
Key responsibilities include the following:
Community Management, Content Creation, Marketing Campaign support, Social Strategy, Reporting and Crisis Management.
- Degree in Marketing or journalism or equivalent experience in the digital marketing environment
- A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in a similar position managing the social channels of the brand (as a minimum, Facebook, Twitter & Instagram – both paid & organic a plus)
- Exceptional social savvy: an in-depth knowledge and interest in social media (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, and more) with an up-to-the-minute knowledge of the latest social trends/platforms and industry best practice
- Expert knowledge about content and social media communications (content generation, platform technical capabilities, social media analytics)
- Experience in identifying social media tactics and adapting content for different social media platforms to engage, inform and build social media equity for the Wits brand
- An understanding of and enthusiasm for the brand and tone of voice
- Being an innovator: Staying constantly abreast of all technical and content developments and advances in the world of social media to bring fresh ideas and innovative developments to our social strategy; Working with the marketing team to look at ways social media can work within wider campaigns.
- Motivated self-starter with a drive for results
- Excellent creative editorial skills
- Knowledge of and experience in manipulating images
- Excellent command of the English language and attention to detail
- Understanding of reputation management and ability to identify potential reputation damaging conversations and respond accordingly
- Good numerical and analytical skills – adept at preparing management reports
- Experience in and use of Google analytics and other open source analytical tools
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally with a diverse range of clients
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, determine own work priorities, work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated commitment to applying relevant and applicable policies, procedures and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of this role
How to apply
To apply: Please submit a covering letter of motivation, detailed CV with the names and e-mail contact details of three referees, certified copies of degrees/diplomas and SA ID (or passport if not SA). Application profiles must be registered on Wits i-Recruitment at https://irec.wits.ac.za.