Western Cape Department of Transport and Public Works hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Chief Engineer. The application will close on 22nd June 2020.
Location: Western Cape
Western Cape Department of Transport and Public Works advertised post is as follows:
- Chief Engineer (Mechanical/ Mechatronic/ Industrial Mechanical): Road Design, Ref No.TPW 43/2020
- Engineering degree (B Eng/ BSC (Eng) or relevant qualification;
- A minimum of six years post qualification experience required;
- Compulsory registration with ECSA as a Professional Engineer;
- A valid code B driving licence.
- Further post graduate studies in the field of Fleet Management or Asset Management Experience or exposure;
- Appropriate Health and Safety Exposure.
- Knowledge of the following: Programme and Project Management; Engineering, legal and operational compliance; Engineering operational communication;
- Process knowledge and skills;
- Maintenance skills and knowledge;
- Mobile equipment operating skills; Engineering design and analysis knowledge; Research and development;
- Computer-aided engineering applications;
- Creating high performance culture;
- Technical consulting;
- Communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape Province;
- People Management, Planning and organizing;
- Engineering and professional judgment;
- Strategic capability and leadership.
- Behavioural competencies: Problem solving and analysis; Decision making; Team leadership; Creativity; Financial management; Customer focus and responsiveness; Conflict management, negotiation and Change Management skills
How to apply
Enquiries: Ms MK Hofmeyr at (021) 483 3999