Western Cape Department of the Premier hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Application Development Manager. The application will close on 21st October 2019.
Location: Western Cape
Western Cape Department of the Premier advertised post is as follows:
- Application Development Manager: Transversal Applications Development, Ref No. DOTP 2019-87
- An appropriate 3 year tertiary qualification (3-year National Diploma or higher qualification) in Information Systems;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in an ICT environment of which 3 years must be management level experience;
- A valid code B driving licence.
- Proven experience in the following: System Development Life Cycle of Enterprise scale applications and platforms;
- A DevOps environment;
- Managing developers and development operation teams;
- Managing Systems Analysis teams;
- Microsoft platforms;
- Contract Management of software development services in the ICT sector;
- Proven knowledge and experience in supporting the following Microsoft (including SharePoint, SQL, PowerBI, EPM) and OpenText platforms.
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle and Business Systems Analysis;
- Knowledge of public sector and its operations;
- Strategic Planning skills;
- Understanding of fundamental principles of Enterprise Software Development;
- Understanding and knowledge of principles of DevOps; Contract and budget management;
- Skills in conflict and People Management;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and report writing skills in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape;
- Exceptional planning and organisation skills;
- Self-motivated and disciplined;
- Ability to lead and motivate people.
How to apply
Enquiries: Mr H Jacobs at (021) 483 8569