Western Cape Department of Social Development hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Head of Department. The application will close on 19th August 2019.
Location: Western Cape
Western Cape Department of Social Development advertised post is as follows:
- HEAD OF DEPARTMENT: SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT REF NO: DSD 2019-75
- Appropriate Postgraduate Degree (NQF 8);
- A minimum of 8 years’ senior management experience within the built environment of which 3 years must be with in any organ of state as defined in the Constitution, Act 108 of 1996.
- Latest advances in public management theory and practice;
- Modern systems of governance and administration;
- Policies of the government of the day;
- Global, regional and local political, economic and social affairs impacting on the provincial government of the Western Cape;
- Constitutional, legal and institutional arrangements governing the South African public sector;
- Inter-governmental and international relations, communications, media management, public relations, public participation and public education.
- Strong conceptual, interpretive and formulation skills;
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills;
- Exceptional planning, organizing and people management skills;
- The ability to multi task, deal with ambiguity and manage change in an ever-changing environment and under pressurized circumstances
How to apply
Only applications submitted online will be accepted. To apply submit your application online only: via www.westerncape.gov.za/jobs or https://westerncapegov.erecruit.co
Enquiries: Ms Louise Esterhuyse Tel No: (+27 21 483 5856