Western Cape Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Environmental Officer. The application will close on 21st October 2019.
Location: Western Cape
Western Cape Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning advertised post is as follows:
- Environmental Officer (Specialised Production): Criminal Investigations, Ref No. EADP 2019-50
- An Honours degree (or higher qualification) in: Environmental Management/Natural Sciences/Policing/Law or related qualifications;
- A valid (Code B) driving licence.
- Working knowledge of environmental law enforcement;
- Experience in forensic investigation, administrative and/or criminal investigations;
- Completed Environmental Management Inspector training course.
- Knowledge in the following: Policies and procedures of the directorate/department; Environmental legislation, Constitutional law, administrative law, criminal law, Environmental Management Inspectorate (EMI) Operating Manual;
- Correct interpretation and application of legislation; Principles of environmental management;
- Policies and procedures of the Directorate/Department;
- EMI and Public Service Code of Conduct;
- Communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape;
- Client orientation and customer focus.
How to apply
Enquiries: Mr J Liebenberg at (021) 483 9191