Western Cape Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Environmental Officer. The application will close on 17th December 2019.
Location: Western Cape
Salary: R 402 045 per annum
Western Cape Department of Environmental Affairs and Development Planning advertised post is as follows:
- Environmental Officer Specialised Production: Waste Management Planning, Ref No. EADP 2019-57
- An appropriate, recognised Honours Degree in Natural or Physical Sciences, Environmental Sciences or Engineering (or an equivalent, appropriate qualification);
- A valid code 08 (EB) driving license.
- Report writing skills; Proven supervisory and mentoring skills;
- Candidate must be willing to travel;
- Proficiency in Environmental Management;
- Proven computer literacy in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to communicate effectively via a wide range of media to a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Interpret and analyse complex general and hazardous waste information documents to advice internal and external stakeholders;
- Conduct in-depth research;
- Knowledge of environmental legislation, policies and regulations;
- Knowledge and experience of environmental, general and hazardous waste management;
- Communication skills (verbal and written) in at least two of the three official languages in the Western Cape.
How to apply
Only applications submitted online will be accepted. To apply submit your application online only:https://westerncapegov.erecruit.co.za
Enquiries: Mr A Hoon at (021) 483 2712