Western Cape Department of Agriculture hereby invites application for recruitment to the post of Senior Agricultural Economist. The application will close on 3rd June 2019.
Location: Western Cape
Western Cape Department of Agriculture advertised post is as follows:
- Senior Agricultural Economist: Agricultural Economic Services (2 posts available), Ref No. AGR 2019-22
- An appropriate Honours degree or equivalent qualification with Agricultural Economics and or Agricultural Management as major subjects
- A minimum of 3 years` relevant experience; A valid code B driving licence.
- Knowledge of Economic and financial systems, analytical techniques, and international trade theory and policy;
- Advanced computer literacy and knowledge of programming packages (e.g. STATA); Advanced presentation and communication (written and verbal) skills;
- Ability to conduct independent research;
- Good understanding of the Agricultural sector and macro-economic factors influencing it;
- Communication (written and verbal) skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape.
How to apply
Enquiries: Mr M Mjonono at (021) 808 5200/ 078 456 2973