University of Pretoria (UP) hereby invites applicants to apply for vacant jobs posts (Vacancies).
Closing Date: 29 June 2018
The University of Pretoria (UP) advertise posts are as follows:
DEPARTMENT OF TAXATION
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Lecturing in Taxation at undergraduate and/or postgraduate level;
- Academic administration and management;
- Supervising postgraduate students;
- Scientific research and publications in accredited academic journals.
- CA(SA) qualification; OR
- Master’s degree in Taxation that includes a research component;
- Relevant tertiary lecturing experience;
- Practical tax experience.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Appropriate language and communication skills;
- Computer literacy;
- Ability to effectively function in a group;
- Technical tax knowledge must be up to date with current legislation.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- Experience in lecturing to and management of large student groups;
- Experience in blended learning practices;
- Exposure to guidance of postgraduate students research;
- Involvement in research activities;
- The potential to develop into a scholar in the discipline;
- Involvement in professional activities where applicable;
- Candidates should demonstrate the potential and willingness to obtain a doctoral qualification within a reasonable period after date of appointment.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of the selection process, shortlisted candidates will be required to prepare and present a simulated lecture and/or technical report to a screening panel.
The annual remuneration package will be commensurate with the incumbent’s level of appointment, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
How to apply
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: [email protected]
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of qualifications;
- Supporting evidence of minimum experience required for the position;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
- Names and contact details of peer reviewers (academic and research);
- Self-evaluation that inter alia must include the elements of teaching and research.
CLOSING DATE: 29 June 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Prof T Steyn Tel: (012) 420 4983