University of Pretoria (UP) hereby invites applicants to apply for vacant jobs posts (Vacancies).
Closing Date: 22 June 2018
The University of Pretoria (UP) advertise posts are as follows:
DEPARTMENT OF FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
PEROMNES POST LEVEL 9
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- The procurement of stock and workshop commodities;
- The planning of stock;
- Materials and logistics;
- Providing monthly reports;
- Store safety and security;
- Receiving store items and issuing of stock items;
- Client liaison.
- Grade 12;
- Two years’ experience in:
- Material and logistics management;
- Product specifications;
- Stock specification compliance;
- Computer literacy;
- Warehouse safety and security.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Knowledge of the purchasing of warehouse and workshop products;
- Knowledge of procurement methods, stock control, stock level control;
- Receiving and issue of products and monthly reports;
- Knowledge of warehouse systems;
- The ability to set specifications, plan, procure, receive, issue, and stock control;
- Good client liaison, interpersonal, communication skills;
- Organising, negotiation and administrative skills.
ADDED ADVANTAGES AND PREFERENCES:
- National Diploma in Procurement which includes logistics as subject;
- Knowledge of the following:
- Procurement and stock control;
- PeopleSoft in-house financial system;
- Procurement and material handling systems;
- Plumbing, electrical, access control, hvac, cctv and general workshop commodities.
The total remuneration package for this position ranges from approximately R 402 652 to R 479 584 as determined by UP policy guidelines. (These amounts include the University’s contributions to standard UP benefits, namely provident fund, group life and funeral cover, but exclude contributions to medical aid, as the latter varies per employee.) UP subscribes to the BESTMED medical aid scheme and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: [email protected]
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact.
CLOSING DATE: 22 June 2018
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Mr Johan Botes, Tel: (012) 420 4082
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 August 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.