University of Pretoria (UP) invites suitable applicants to apply for Internships Programme for 2018 / 2019. Applicants are invited from unemployment graduate between 18 and 35 years of age.
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Closing Date: 2 May 2018
Stipend: The total remuneration package for this position is R 96 000 per annum as determined by UP policy guidelines
INTERN: COUNSELLING PSYCHOLOGISTS (FOUR POSTS) (ONE YEAR CONTRACT APPOINTMENT)
The incumbents will be responsible for rendering counselling psychology services to students/young adults to ensure academic success and emotional wellness. This will include the development and identification of training and guidance programmes to enhance the academic success of students/young adults.
The successful candidates will actively participate in the following areas:
- Psychotherapeutic / counselling services to students / young adults to ensure academic and emotional wellness;
- Group work sessions as part of the co-curricular programme for students / young adults;
- Career assessment, report writing and counselling;
- Development of training and therapeutic programmes in view of the identified needs of students / young adults;
- Providing therapeutic services to children at other off-campus institutions as part of training;
- Mandatory supervision as part of training;
- Render a 24 hour crisis line service on rotation;
- Data analysing as part of research process.
- Proven registration as a MA or MSc Counselling Psychology Intern at an accredited university;
- Registration as an Intern Psychologist with HPCSA.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND BEHAVIOURAL ATTRIBUTES):
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Efficient planning, organising and prioritising skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Professionalism, confidentiality and sensitivity towards the diversity of students;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal);
- Computer skills in MS Word, PowerPoint and e-mail;
- Ethical insight and reliability;
- To be available on call for the 24-hour Crisis line on a rotating basis;
- Ability to manage crisis interventions.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: [email protected]
In applying for this post, please attach:
- A comprehensive CV;
- Certified copies of registration as a current MA or MSc Counselling Psychology student;
- Certified copy of registration as a current Student Psychologist with the HPCSA;
- Certified copies of undergraduate qualifications;
- Certified copies of academic results;
- Names, e-mail addresses and telephone details of three referees whom we have permission to contact;
How to apply
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
ENQUIRIES: Dr L Blokland, Tel: (012) 420 2333
Should you not hear from the University of Pretoria by 31 July 2018, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to equality, employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the University and its Employment Equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited to candidates from under-represented designated groups.
All candidates who comply with the requirements for appointment are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right to not fill the advertised positions.