University of Johannesburg (UJ) hereby invites applicants to apply for vacant jobs posts (Vacancies).
Closing Date: 06 April 2018
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) advertise posts are as follows:
The University of Johannesburg (UJ) is a vibrant and cosmopolitan university anchored in Africa and intent on global excellence and stature. With an emphasis on independent thinking, sustainable development and multiple partnerships, UJ is an international university of choice.
- Implement equipment service specifications in accordance with the university requirements.
- Install & commission of Building water pipes, Sewerage systems & water reticulation equipment in accordance to specification
- Conduct maintenance on Building water pipes, Sewerage systems & water reticulation equipment as per schedule, preventative or emergency fault rectification
- Perform inspection of facility, Plumbing equipment on site, identify areas of risk & report back for rectification
- Manage Sewerage, Geysers and water flow systems re-instatement & effect failure modes analysis
- Ensure that preventative or emergency fault rectification complies with the relevant legislation, SLA & job plans
- Optimise Sewerage, Geysers and water flow systems to SLA requirements
- Ensure quality of work & timeous completion of all field requests
- Identify water wastage & savings opportunities
- Educate Clients & maintenance teams on efficient use of Water
- Std 8/ Grade 10/NTC 1
- 2 years in trade, with experience in plumbing equipment maintenance.
- A valid code 08 Drivers License
Competencies and Behavioural Attributes:
- Technical knowledge with a strong focus on work standards and customer, demonstrate ability to work in a team, analyse & resolve problems
- Ability to work under pressure, travel within various sites, work overtime within reason & serve on Stand-by
- Action orientated, calm & composed, established technical knowledge, & team orientated disposition.
- Experience in Gas Boilers and Welding or Trade test of either of the two is not a requirement, however, it will serve as a strong recommendation.
- Willingness to undergo further skills training.
- Willingness to work overtime and to do standby if and when you are require
- A Trade test in carpentry is not a requirement, however it will serve as a strong recommendation
Please note the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT ONLY and NOT for application purposes.
Mr. Andre Van Der Watt
Tel: (011) 559 3590
To submit your application for the above-mentioned post, please register (first-time users of the UJ e-recruitment portal) or login (existing users of the UJ e-recruitment portal) by going to the website of the UJ e-recruitment portal (http://jobs.uj.ac.za) and uploading a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
After registration or login kindly apply online for the position by completing the online questionnaire.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you require TECHNICAL SUPPORT/ ASSISTANCE on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details:
0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email [email protected]