Ugu District Municipality hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Chief Financial Officer. The application will close on 23rd August 2019 @ 16:00.
Location: KwaZulu Natal
Ugu District Municipality advertised post is as follows:
- CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER 5-year fixed-term performance-based contract
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics or equivalent NQF Level 7 qualification.
- Registration of Chartered Accountant (SA)will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience at senior or middle management levels, of which at least two (2) years must be at senior management level.
- A proven record of accomplishment at a Management level in Local Government Finance.
- Extensive and practical experience in the Local Government financial environment.
- Demonstrate practical experience with the implementation of the Municipal Finance Management Act, Treasury Regulations, Supply Chain Management and other related legislation governing Local Government.
- A qualification in the Certificate Programme in Management Development for Municipal Finance (CPMD/MFMP) or attaining the qualification within a reasonable time-frame in terms of Municipal Regulations on Minimum Competency Levels of 2007.
- A valid code B driver’s license.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted with an application form which can be found on our website (www.ugu.gov.za), accompanied by a comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of educational qualifications and driver’s license to the Municipal Manager for the attention of: The Manager: Human Resources, Ms NP Gumbi; Ugu District Municipality, P.O. Box 33, Port Shepstone, 4240 or hand-delivered at: 31 Bazley Street, Port Shepstone, 4240. No late, faxed and emailed applications shall be considered.
Enquiries: Mr DD Naidoo, Tel. 039-688 5702