University of Free State (UFS) hereby invites applicants to apply for vacant jobs posts (Vacancies).
Closing Date: 29 March 2018
The University of Free State (UFS) advertise posts are as follows:
- Course Administrator (post level 11)
Job ID: 2288
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and administrate the post graduate programmes presented by the Centre for Environmental Management (CEM).
- Handle all enquiries regarding the post graduate programmes.
- Liaise with prospective, current and past students, including the maintenance of the official CEM webpage and social media platforms relating to the post graduate programmes.
- Handle all communication with students and lecturers relating to the application, selection and registration processes.
- Provide general academic support and assistance to post graduate students.
- Coordinate and compile course content, learning material, module guides and evaluation forms.
- Plan and organise post graduate student contact sessions. including booking venues, organising functions and excursions and similar events).
- Administrate and coordinate arrangements for graduation and prize giving functions.
- Handle confidential student records, examination papers and scripts, as well as the electronic input of marks.
- Manage the web-based student support platforms (e.g. Blackboard, Question Mark) for the various post graduate programmes.
- Organise and administrate meetings relating to the post graduate programmes, including the preparation of agendas and minutes.
- Support and assist with the general functioning of the Centre for Environmental Management.
- Relevant degree.
- Two (2) to three (3) years’ experience working in the higher education sector.
- Advanced computer literacy in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to give academic advice at post graduate level.
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure.
- Good business writing skills.
- Ability and willingness to self-train additional computer literacy skills that may be required as part of the job (e.g. database programmes/Blackboard).
- Good analytical skills to examine student results, evaluate coordination strategies and analyse information or curriculum improvement.
- Business Acumen.
- Results Orientated.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Building Coalitions.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) and, the ability to function well in the university’s richly diverse working environment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrable track-record of organising, coordinating and managing meetings, workshops, conferences or similar events.
- Post graduate qualification at NQF level 8.
Assumption of duties:
As soon as possible
29 March 2018
The salary scale is available on request. For any further enquiries, please feel free to contact 051 401 3687/ 9961/3039/3221.
(Subject to specific conditions): pension scheme, medical aid scheme, group life insurance, housing allowance, leave and sick leave, service bonus and study benefits
The University reserves the right not to fill the post. The University subscribes to and applies the principles prescribed by the Employment Equity Act. Preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups, in accordance with the principles of the aforementioned act and the employee profile of the specific department/division.
Applications may only be submitted online. All applications must be accompanied by the following:
- A detailed curriculum vitae.
- Copies of all academic records.
- Copies of qualifications (please provide the SAQA accreditation in the case of foreign qualifications).
- A copy of your identity document (ID).
Applications that are incomplete or sent by fax or e-mail, will not be considered. Communication will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Should you not be contacted within six weeks of the closing date for applications, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
External candidates can click HERE to apply online.
UFS staff members can log onto PeopleSoft, click on Self-Service, then on Recruiting, and then on Careers to apply online