Theewaterskloof Municipality hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Municipal Manager. The application will close on 20th August 2020.
Location: Western Cape
Theewaterskloof Municipality advertised post is as follows:
- MUNICIPAL MANAGER
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or a relevant qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework at a NQF level 7 with a minimum of 360 credits;
- The successful candidate will have to comply with Minimum Competency Regulations for Accounting Officers of municipalities as is provided for in Regulation 493 dated 15 June 2007 or achieve such competency within 18 months of appointment;
- Minimum of 5 Year experience at a senior management level.
- The required core competencies as prescribed in Annexure A – Local Government: Framework for Senior Managers;
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation;
- Advanced understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management;
- Advanced understanding of council operations and delegation of powers;
- Proven track record of good governance, audit and risk management, budget and finance management;
- Competent in the concept of sustainability management
- Ability to be an innovative and strategic leader;
- Good facilitation and communication skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Western Cape;
- Valid driver’s license and NO criminal record.
How to apply
Application forms and detailed CVs must be forwarded to the Manager: Human Resources, Theewaterskloof Municipality, P O Box 24, Caledon, 7230.
Enquiries: Executive Mayor at: 028 214 3300