The Special Investigating Unit (SIU) is offering an internship opportunity in the field of Forensic Law. This Structured Program is intended for a period of 12 months.
Location: South Africa
Closing Date: 12 October 2018
INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME: FORENSIC LAW (REF: SIU/Intern/01)
Successful applicants will be based at our various provincial offices across eight (8) South African Provinces (with the exception of the Northern Cape).
The Program will prepare the successful applicants with a wide variety of knowledge and skills within an anti-corruption investigations environment where a multi-disciplinary approach is taken towards investigations and civil litigation. Successful candidates will be exposed to, amongst others, provision of external and internal opinions and advice, guiding of investigations towards legally driven outcomes, preparing evidence for civil and criminal litigation and disciplinary proceedings.
The successful applicants will be:
- Expected to enter into a 12 months Fixed Term Contract commencing 01 December 2018 and terminating 30 November 2019.
- Paid a monthly stipend.
The successful applicants must have the following qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Bachelor of Laws.
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Committed, dedicated, hardworking with good time management skills.
- Attentive to detail.
- Willingness to learn and time-schedule driven.
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
In addition, applicants must be:
- South African citizens.
- Between the age of 18-35 with no work experience.
- People with disabilities and women are encouraged to apply
- Certified copy of identity document.
- Certified copy of Bachelor of Laws qualification. (with full academic record indicating individual modules/courses)
- Proof of residence
- Copy of an abridged CV
How to apply
All applicants MUST COMPLETE AN APPLICATION FORM
Applications for this post can be forwarded to [email protected] or Fax to Email 086 451 0091