South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) invites applicants to apply for vacant job posts (Vacancies) of Asset Management Officer (2 Posts).
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Closing Date: 10 August 2017
Check full details below…
The South African National Biodiversity Institute (SANBI) requires an efficient and enthusiastic person to ensure timeous and accurate transfers and disposals, recording of fixed assets acquisitions and the accounting of these transactions in accordance with the PFMA and GRAP.
The position requires the successful candidate to be in possession of • Grade 12 • minimum of two years’ experience in asset management • a working knowledge of PFMA and GRAP with accounting background • planning, problem-solving and decision making skills • written and oral communication skills with a strong command of the English language • respect for strict compliance and confidentiality. Be in possession of a valid (unendorsed) Code B driver’s license with one year’s practical driving experience.
The appointee will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and updating of fixed asset policies and procedures
- Asset field work
- Data entry
- Record keeping
SANBI offers an all-inclusive annual salary of R251 474.46 .
- Applications must be accompanied by a letter motivating why the applicant should be favourably considered for the position and confirming that the minimum qualifications are met (applicants lacking evidence of relevant experience will not be considered).
- A competency test will be conducted as part of the selection process.
- Applicants must also provide the full names, address and telephone number and if possible e-mail address of at least three referees.
- An application form must accompany the CV and motivational letter. Download Application Form.
- Failure to submit the requested information may result in your application not being considered.
All applications will be considered with the understanding that, in terms of the SANBI Employment Equity Plan, preference will currently be given to candidates from the designated groups.
Contact Ms Ethel Mokgoko on 012 843 5214 if further information required. Email completed application form, a motivational letter and concise CV to [email protected] or fax to 012 843 5222. Postal applications are to be addressed to: The Director – Human Resources, South African National Biodiversity Institute, Private Bag X101, Pretoria, 0001.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. SANBI reserves the right not to fill this position. Candidates are expected to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by SANBI. If no response has been received within 21 days of the closing date, candidates may assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Please note that any emails sent to SANBI must be under 10MB in size.