South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Scientist. The application will close on 19th February 2020.
Location: Cape Town
Salary: R361, 043 per annum
South African Medical Research Council (SAMRC) advertised post is as follows:
- Scientist, 1-year Contract, REFERENCE NUMBER (R294A)
- Honour’s degree in a related field i.e. social science/criminology/public health
- At least two years of research experience in conducting gender-based violence research
- Understanding of qualitative, quantitative and intervention research methods
- Ability to develop quantitative and qualitative data collection tools
- Experience with developing and managing questionnaires using Redcap Software
- Skilled and experienced in qualitative and quantitative data analysis and data management
- Training in research ethics, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in facilitation, staff training and supervision
- Good knowledge and experience of using various computer software packages including Office package (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Must be willing to travel within South Africa
- Fluency in speaking and writing in English and an African language
- Valid South African driver’s license.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
How to apply
Visit the following Web Site to complete an online application. https://forms.gle/j2CKRevkTjtFckyX7