South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA) invites students to apply for Thuthuka Bursary Programme 2019 academic year. The Thuthuka Bursary Fund is looking for academically strong learners who aspire to become Chartered Accountants. Students who do exceptionally well in Mathematics and have excellent marks in the other subject to qualify for university entrance may apply.
Closing Date: 30 August 2018
Location: South Africa
How to get a bursary
The purpose of the project is to annually place between 250 – 300 fully bursared Black African and Coloured students at selected SAICA-accredited universities in cohorts of 50 per university on special undergraduate BCom Accounting education programmes. The accredited universities that are part of the programme are:
- Nelson Mandela University (BCom Accounting: course code 40003)
- North-West University (Potchefstroom Campus) – (BCom CA: course code 500 155 E371P)
- Rhodes University [Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)]
- Stellenbosch University (BCom Accounting: course code 3091001)
- University of Cape Town (Bachelor of Commerce: course code CB011)
- University of Fort Hare (B Commerce in Accounting 60001)
- University of Johannesburg (Bachelor of Accounting: course code BCA012)
- University of Pretoria (BCom Accounting Sciences: course code 07130042)
- University of the Free State (Bachelor of Accounting: course code 6319)
- University of Witwatersrand (BAcc Science: course code CB008)
Do you qualify?
If you answered YES to all of the following questions, you qualify:
- Do you have 60% in Mathematics in your Grade 11 Final Results (Level 5)?
- Do you have enough points to qualify for university entrance?
- Do you come from a family that cannot support you financially at tertiary?
- Are you an African or Coloured learner?
How to apply
Complete the online applications form at www.thuthukabursaryfund.co.za