Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) invites suitable applicants to apply for 2017 / 2018 Learnership Programme. The advertised leanerships are for Traffic Officers Training in the National Traffic Police
Closing Date: 16 September 2017
Duration: 12 months
(Ref No. RTMC/TT/ 2017)
Check full details below…
The RTMC has committed itself to develop a 21st Century Cadre for Road Traffic Management in South Africa. This Cadre will produce dedicated and skilled Traffic Officers who will enforce the rules of the road; who will protect and serve without fear or favor. They will ensure that all road users, including pedestrians, use our roads in an orderly and safe manner. The key purpose of Traffic Officers is to ensure the safe and free flow of traffic to prevent road crashes and deaths on our roads.
- South African Citizenship
- A Senior Certificate/Grade 12 or equivalent (minimum)
- A valid code B drivers licence (minimum).
- Below the age of thirty-five (35)
- All successful candidates will be subject to driving skills assessment
- Medical screening will be conducted by the RTMC
- Security clearance and criminal records checks will be conducted by the RTMC
- Willing to undergo training in all weather
Skills & Competencies
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Good driving and observation skills
- Basic understanding of the Criminal Procedure Act, Road Traffic Management Act and National Road Traffic Act
- Knowledge of at least two of the provincial languages. Diligence and discipline
Further verification of qualifications will be done.
How to apply
To apply please submit a letter of application (no prescribed template), accompanied by a recent Curriculum Vitae as well as certified copies of qualifications, identity document and driving license.
You can Apply Online for RTMS Traffic Officer Learnership, post or hand deliver to the following address: The Office of the CEO, RTMC, Private Bag X 147, Pretoria 0001 or hand delivered to Eco Origin Office Park, Block F, 349 Witch-Hazel Street, Highveld Ex 79, Centurion 0157
The RTMC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you have not received any response from us within 3 months, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Ms. T Bobani or Ms N Thobela at (012) 999 5200