Oudtshoorn Municipality hereby invites applicants to apply for vacant jobs posts (Vacancies).
Closing Date: 16 February 2018
Check full details below…
Salary: R 176 654 – R 225 406
- Grade 12
- Secretarial Diploma or equivalent (NQF 6) will be an advantage
- 2 Years’ relevant secretarial / personal assistant experience
- Valid Code B drivers’ license
- Computer literacy (Advanced Ms Excel, Ms Word, Ms Outlook, Ms PowerPoint)
- Have passion for working with people and be able to work under pressure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in two (2) of the three (3) official languages in the Western Cape
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Managing the Director’s diary
- Render effective receptionist service for the office of the Director
- Update the Performance Management System of the Director on a monthly basis and prepare the portfolio of evidence
- Compiling the monthly financial reports for Council
- Preparing and taking minutes of meetings for the Department
- Make travel arrangements and accommodation for the Department
- Typing of memorandums, letters and minutes
- Filling of correspondence and other documents
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail of the Department
- Organizing, confirming and scheduling meetings/appointments with internal and external departments
- Dealing with and manage the external audit
- Co-ordinate and distribute Request for information and Communication of Audit Findings
- Prepare PowerPoint presentation for the department
- Operating and maintaining office equipment such as Facsimiles, Copiers, Scanning Equipment and computers
- Compiling requisitions forms for purchase of stock and stationary
- Manage and distribute correspondence on the Document Management System
- Prepare responses to audit findings
Candidates must be willing to be subjected to an interview, practical and/or written assessment. They must also be aware that previous employers and references may be contacted and their qualifications, credit and criminal records be verified.
The Council offers competitive benefits such as a housing subsidy, a thirteenth cheque, pension fund, medical aid fund, a study assistance scheme and the transport of furniture under certain conditions.
Application must be on the official application form of the Oudtshoorn Municipality and a covering letter accompanied by a comprehensive curriculum vitae and certified copies of qualifications and identity document (not older than three (3) months) as well as particulars of at least three contactable references, must be submitted to: HR Manager: Transformation & Development, Department Corporate Services, P.O. Box 255, Oudtshoorn, 6620 (submit applications to Recruitment & Selection section, across typing pool), Oudtshoorn Municipality, Voortrekker Road, Oudtshoorn. Application forms can be downloaded from our website, www.oudtshoorn.gov.za.