The Office of Health Standards Compliance (OHSC) hereby invites applicants to apply for vacant jobs posts (Vacancies).
Closing Date: 22 October 2018
Complaints Officer: Complaints Centre x2 Posts (12 month contract) (Ref #: OHSC/10/2018)
Salary: R 242 475 per annum (plus 37 % in lieu of benefits)
- A three year bachelor’s degree/three year diploma/National Diploma in Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Public/Business Administration or related field
- At least 2 years’ experience in a health related environment or a health regulatory environment
- Proficiency in more than two official languages
- A certificate in Customer Services, Call Centre Agency or related field would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and conflict handling skills
- Willingness to work outside of normal working hours
- Problem solving, conflict handling skills, initiative and computer skills
- A valid driver’s license.
- Receive and register all requests (complaints and enquiries)
- Address healthcare complaints and enquiries
- Administer healthcare complaints
- Maintain the complaints database.
Enquiries: Ms L Mashiane or Mr M Mavotsho, tel. (012) 339 8699/8692
PLEASE NOTE: A practical test relating to key areas of knowledge and skills may form part of the selection process for the above post as well as a competency assessment where relevant.
How to apply
Applications should be submitted for attention of Ms. L Mashiane, Office of Health Standards Compliance, hand-delivered applications may be submitted to reception at: the MRC building, No 1 Soutpansberg Road, Princehoff, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001. Posted applications may be submitted to: Private Bag X21, Arcadia, 0007. Applications should be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department and should be accompanied by a CV in which previous experience is comprehensively detailed. Originally certified copies of qualification certificates (including matric), service certificates, proof of registration with a body/council, ID and driver’s licence must be attached. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by SAQA and to submit proof of such with their applications. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered.
Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered.
The OHSC reserves the right not to fill the above posts. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only; if notification of an interview is not received within 3 months after the closing date, applicants may regard their application as unsuccessful. The OHSC will not be liable where candidates use incorrect /no reference numbers on their applications.
Candidate(s) will be subjected to personal suitability checks and other vetting procedures.