National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) invites students to apply for Funding to study at public university/TVET college in South Africa for the 2018 academic year.
Location: South Africa
Opening Date: 1 August 2017
Closing Date: 30 November 2017
Check full details below…
A. Before applying you should have decided which course you want to study and at which public university/TVET college. You will need to select these choices in the application form.
B. Make sure you have electronic (and certified copies) of the following:
- Your South African identity document/card or, an unabridged birth certificate
- IDs of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- IDs of each person living with you in your home
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice (not older than three months)
- Please download the consent form and fill it in with your parent/gaurdian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form that is signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted, and will be considered as incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A and fill it in
C. When you provide your cell phone number on the application form, make sure it works and please do not change it afterwards, as NSFAS will use it to communicate with you during and after the application process. Please do not provide someone else’s cell phone number as your contact number.
You will also need an email address. If you do not have an email address, you can easily create a gmail address, by clicking here.
D. You must not apply if:
– You have already applied and have an application reference number
– You are not intending to apply for admission to a public university or TVET college
– You already have NSFAS funding for 2017
– You are not a South African citizen
E. For postgraduate studies, only students who plan to do the following postgraduate qualification may apply:
1. B Tech – Architecture/Architectural Technology
2. B Tech – Biokinetics/Biomedical Technology/Biotechnology
3. Postgraduate Certificate in Education
4. Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting, and
Students wishing to undertake other postgraduate qualifications MUST NOT apply. These students will need to apply to the NRF when they open their applications later this year. Click here for more information
HOW TO APPLY
Take note of all the supporting documents you will need, read the terms and conditions, and download the parent consent form.
- Register yourself as a user on myNSFAS.
- You will need to create a username and password, which you will use to log in to your myNSFAS account to update your details.
- To complete the register process you will need a cellphone number and email address.
- If you do not have an email address, you can easily create a gmail address, by clicking here.
Please note that registering on myNSFAS is not the applying process yet. You must proceed to the APPLY tab to access the application form and apply.
Once you have registered, click the APPLY tab and you will be taken to the online 2018 application form. Read the form carefully, and start to fill in your particulars.
IMPORTANT! Before filling in the application form, you will need to have scanned copies of all the supporting documents. These supporting documents must be uploaded. Don’t start the application until you have all the supporting documents, as you will not be able to save the form and come back to it later.
When you have completely filled in the application form and attached all the supporting documents, click the Submit button to submit the application, and wait to receive a reference number.
Make sure you submit your application on or before the closing date of 30 November 2017. Applications that arrive after this date will not be considered.