The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality invites applicants to apply for vacant job posts (Vacancies) of General Assistant ( Water Distribution). Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned position. Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply, unless otherwise stated in the advertisement.
Location: Eastern Cape
Closing Date: 28 July 2017 @ 12:00
Check full details below……
GENERAL ASSISTANT ( x11 posts ) – WATER DISTRIBUTION
POSITION CODE: 7240
TASK Grade 3 (R116 184 – R161 532 per annum)
(Basic salary only, excluding benefits)
- Appropriate level of primary education.
- Physical fitness and able-bodied.
- Undertaking general labouring activities to support water meter installation, repair and maintenance applications.
- Attending to the excavation and backfilling of trenches, clearing of overgrown shrubs, preparing materials and making available tools, fittings, etc.
- Attending to specific standard removal and replacement requirements in isolated sections involving holding, cutting, loosening, tightening or fitting applications in accordance with instructions during installation or maintenance works.
Official application forms are obtainable from the Employment Application Receiving Centres that are located on ground floor of: Lillian Diedericks Building (formerly Brister House), Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth OR Town Hall, Market Street, Uitenhage. Application forms may also be downloaded from the municipal website: www.nelsonmandelabay.gov.za. Telephonic enquires may be directed to the Receptionist, Tel: 041 506 3259.
Mail to the Executive Director: Corporate Services (Human Resources Management Services Sub-Directorate), PO Box 116, Port Elizabeth6000 or deliver to the relevant Employment Application Receiving Centre.
Kindly note that the Municipality contacts shortlisted applicants only. Applicants not contacted within six weeks of the closing date may safely assume that their applications were not successful. They are nevertheless thanked for their interest shown in the position/s advertised.