The Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality invites applicants to apply for vacant job posts (Vacancies) of Artisan – Plumber ( x7 positions) ( Water Distribution). Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for appointment to the under-mentioned position. Persons with a disability are encouraged to apply, unless otherwise stated in the advertisement.
Location: Eastern Cape
Closing Date: 04 August 2017
Stipend: Grade 9 (R236 448 – R328 716 per annum)
Check full details below……
Artisan – Plumber ( x7 positions)
Position Code: 7246
- A trade tested Artisan.
- A valid Code EC Driver’s License, with a Professional Driving Permit.
- Physically fit and able-bodied.
- One to two years’ relevant plumbing experience.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English (a prerequisite).
The incumbent will be required to work outside normal working hours during emergencies and planned overtime, as well as perform standby duties.
- Coordinating and controlling the set-up, work in progress and completion of specialised task activities associated with the installation, maintenance and repair to water reticulation mains, municipal plumbing and meters, including monitoring and correcting the productivity and performance outputs of support personnel.
- Attending to routine/general administrative recording requirements in order to ensure that downtime and disruption are minimised to contribute positively towards sustaining acceptable service delivery standards.
As part of the selection process, candidates may be tested on any requirement, skill or competency, which will include pre-employment screening, security vetting and psychometric assessment.
Fringe benefits will include membership of a Retirement Fund, Medical Aid Scheme, Group Life Assurance Scheme, participation in a Housing Subsidy and Car Schemes (subject to the conditions of the various Schemes), and normal leave and sick leave benefits.
Submission of Application Form And Supporting Documentation:
Kindly note that all applications for employment should be completed on the official employment application form of the Nelson Mandela Bay Municipality and accompanied by certified copies of academic qualifications (please do not submit original supporting documentation, as this will not be returned). Z83 applications and faxed applications are no longer accepted. A CV not accompanied by a fully completed official application form will not be accepted.
Please complete one employment application form per vacancy, clearly stating the position code of the post for which you are applying.
How to Apply
Official application forms are obtainable from the Employment Application Receiving Centres that are located on ground floor of: Lillian Diedericks Building (formerly Brister House), Govan Mbeki Avenue, Port Elizabeth OR Town Hall, Market Street, Uitenhage. Application forms may also be downloaded from the municipal website: www.nelsonmandelabay.gov.za. Telephonic enquires may be directed to the Receptionist, Tel: 041 506 3259.
Mail to the Executive Director: Corporate Services (Human Resources Management Services Sub-Directorate), PO Box 116, Port Elizabeth 6000 or deliver to the relevant Employment Application Receiving Centre.
Kindly note that the Municipality contacts shortlisted applicants only. Applicants not contacted within six weeks of the closing date may safely assume that their applications were not successful. They are nevertheless thanked for their interest shown in the position advertised.