South African Nuclear Energy Corporation (Necsa) hereby invites applicants to apply for vacant jobs posts (Vacancies).
Closing Date: 22 June 2018
VACANCY: Training Officer: Electrical
SALARY BAND: C2A/C2G
REF NO: C1A04NE002
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
• The implementation of applicable training programmes, training of course participants in the appropriate discipline, assessment of participants, administration and ensure the optimal utilisation of all allocated resources.
• To prepare and conduct technical training programmes using recognized training techniques and tools to ensure the quality and consistency of course content throughout a course life cycle.
• To maintain discipline in trainees when delivering training to ensure that they complete and are competent in all the required training modules.
• Develop training aids such as learner guides, manuals, handbooks, practical examples (mock-ups), slide shows, hand-outs, etc. to ensure the alignment of all training material with all relevant quality and accreditation authorities’ requirements.
• Apply appropriate assessment tools to ensure the effective and efficient evaluation of candidates.
• To manage, implement and maintain all the allocated resources in their area of control to ensure that site, equipment, machines and tools used for training purposes are looked after and maintained cost-effectively in safe working order.
• To undertake relevant administrative tasks to accomplish processing of learner information according to an appropriate learner management system.
• Keep abreast of new developments in the delivery of training courses to ensure appropriate policies, procedures and methods are implemented.
• Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including workshop instruction, on-the-job coaching and training, etc. to ensure results and outcomes are in accordance with all relevant quality and accreditation authorities’ requirements.
• To maintain conducive working environment by ensuring that housekeeping in the training area is to high standard of lay-out, storage, neatness and cleanliness; and
• To comply fully with the requirements of Safety, Health, Environment and Quality, as well as the relevant Health and Safety Legislation and accompanying regulations to ensure that the programme is enforced amongst learners.
• To provide support and guidance to the learner prior, during and post training to ensure that any learning barriers that might be there are dealt with and remedial action implemented where required.
• To provide a constructive feedback to the candidates and also provide an opportunity to the candidates to give feedback about the whole process of assessment by using the customer satisfaction questionnaires to ensure that continuous improvement is implemented by all involved.
• To review the learning material and the learning environment based, amongst others, on the results of the customer satisfaction survey processes to ensure that the needs of the client are always achieved.
• Ability to utilize the training equipment and materials optimally.
• Ability to research in order to keep abreast of the developments in the field of expertise
• Presentation skills to perform before groups, master the training methodologies and theories to the optimum.
• Adhere to work within set quality standards and work to exceed customer satisfaction
• Creative and innovative in approach.
KEY KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Theory and skills of training discipline.
• Presentation skills.
• Computer literate (MS Office, etc.)
COMPETENCIES (Job Specific and Behavioral)
• Reading comprehension.
• Mental Alertness.
• Interpersonal Skills.
• Time & Stress Management.
• Customer Orientation.
• Organisational alertness.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience:
• Grade 12 \ N3 Certificate.
• Qualified Artisan.
• Registered as Assessor and Moderator with NAMB or any SETA.
• At least 3 years’ experience working as an Artisan.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as trade testing officer.
Ms. Lydia Lebona
Tel: 012 305 4150
Room: 116 (first floor)
Please forward your updated CV with certified copies of your educational qualifications to [email protected]
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Necsa Group is committed to Employment Equity when recruiting. Therefore, priority will be given to African Females, African Males and people with disabilities, in support of achieving our Employment Equity targets.