National School of Government hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Principal. The application will close on 30th August 2019.
National School of Government advertised post is as follows:
- PRINCIPAL: NATIONAL SCHOOL OF GOVERNMENT REF NO: NSG 09/2019
- A relevant undergraduate qualification (NQF level 7) and a post graduate qualification (NQF8) as recognized by SAQA.
- 8-10 years’ experience at a senior managerial level five years must be as a member of the SMS in the Public Service.
- Knowledge: Be able to demonstrate sound intellectual
- Knowledge and understanding of the leadership and management of the public sector or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of public management, administration, human resource practices, corporate governance and financial management.
- Demonstrate experience in providing advice to internal and external stakeholders.
- Extensive knowledge of the South African training and development landscape.
- In-depth knowledge of the Constitution, government legislation, policies and National Development Plan (NDP).
- Strategic capability and leadership, Programme and project management, Advanced financial management skills, Change management, Knowledge management, Service delivery innovation, Problem solving and strong analysis, Ability to promote adherence to government policy, Organizational design and development, Monitoring and evaluation, People management, Business management, Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with people at all levels, Advanced strategic, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills at all levels, Innovative and creative thinking skills and Computer literate.
- Personal attributes: Independent and self-driven, Reliable, Trustworthy, Honest & Impartial, Willingness to work under pressure and long hours, Willing to travel as the post requires extensive traveling –locally, nationally and internationally, Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and be available for a top level security clearance by State Security Agency (SSA).
How to apply
Acting Principal: National School of Government, Private Bag X759, Pretoria, 0001FOR ATTENTION:Ms L Raseroka, HR Unit, National School of Government by hand at ZK Matthews Building, 70 Meintjies Street, Sunnyside, Pretoria. A fully completed and signed Z83 form.
ENQUIRIES: Ms Zoleka Lamati Tel No: (012) 441 601