National Disaster Management Centre (NDMC) invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2018 academic year.
Closing Date: 30 March 2018
Location: South Africa
The NDMC bursary seeks to fund selected students enrolled for qualifications in Disaster Risk Science and/or Disaster Management at a public institution in South Africa.
Conditions of Eligibility:
- Applicants must have registered at a South African public institution of higher learning of their choice by the time the bursary is awarded; and
- Students who are financially needy and are South African citizens.
Applicants should submit the following documents with the application forms:
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter.
- A National Senior Certificate, having passed all subjects with 60% and above (Students already at institution of higher learning should have obtained an average of 60% and above in all major subjects and must attach the 2017 academic year results)
- Proof of enrollment or acceptance from recognized institution of higher learning.
- Certified copy of a valid South African Identity document.
- Proof of residence.
- Proof of income for parents / guardians in the cases where the student does not have one or both parents.
- Disclosure of other sources of financial support
The bursary programme will cover the following:
- Book allowance
- Research allowance
- Meals and Accommodation costs, depending on availability of funds.
How to apply
Application forms are available from the NDMC website: www.ndmc.gov.za.
Applications should be posted to: The Director: Disaster Management Risk Management, Education, Training, Awareness and Research, Private Bag X 804, Pretoria, 0001.
Successful students are expected to enter into bursary contract with the NDMC. The agreement contains general provisions related to the bursary programme.