The KwaZulu Natal Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) invites Grade 12 pupils from disadvantaged background to apply for Bursary Programme in Aeronautical Engineering to study with University of Pretoria and Wits University for the 2018 academic year.
Location: Eastern Cape
Closing Date: 31 October 2017
Check full details below…
The KwaZulu Natal Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) is offering three (3 X 2) bursaries to KwaZulu Natal Grade 12 pupils from disadvantaged background to pursue studies in Aeronautical Engineering with University of Pretoria and Wits University for the 2018 academic year.
Bursary Application Closing date is 31 October 2017
Bursary Provider : The KwaZulu Natal Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA).
- KwaZulu -Natal residents and South African citizens
- The student must be from a disadvantaged background and preferably from rural areas
- The student must be accepted by University of Pretoria or Wits University to study the Aeronautical Engineering programme.
- Only selected candidates within the 15-34 years age cohort will be accepted.
- A brief motivation will be required explaining why the bursary re required
- Completed application forms
- Proof of residence in KwaZulu-Natal
- (statement of water, lights, rates or taxes)
- Parent’s/guardian’s certified copy of Identity Card
- Grade 11 end of year and Grade 12 mid-year reports
- Students are accepted to forward their acceptance letters upon receiving them from the University of Pretoria and Wits University.
- Parent’s or guardian’s proof of income documentation (salary payslips, bank statements, etc)
- Covers tuition fees, residential, prescribed books , food and allowance
- The bursary is renewable every year depending on the academic performance of the student
- Closing date for submission of application is strictly on the 31 October 2017 (no late applications will be accepted)
How to Apply
Completed application forms must be clearly state ”Aeronautical Engineering Bursary Programme”. Forms are accessible from Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs, Private Bag x9152, Pietermaritzburg 3200 or hand delivered to: Department of Economic Envelopment, Tourism and Environmental Affairs, 270 Jabu Ndlovu Street, Pietermaritzburg 3201.
Enquiries: Mr Mfanafuthi Sikhakhane, tel (033) 264-2635 or Email: [email protected]
Kindly take note: Only selected candidates will be contacted.