- Appropriate level of Secondary Education;
- Experience in dealing with the public and have good
- communication skills;
- Knowledge and experience in Blue Flag operation and coordination;
- Ability to facilitate information sessions;
- 5 years’ experience in lifesaving is essential;
- A Valid Surf Proficiency Award or Lifeguard Award Qualification
- Must be physically fit (attached re test documentation)
- SPA Instructor’s Certificate;
- Must understand the rules of the Blue Flag;
- Valid Code EB vehicle driver’s licence,
- Must be able to speak two (2) of the three (3) official languages in Kouga (English, Afrikaans, and IsiXhosa)
- Controls lifeguarding duties on designated beach;
- Performs administrative functions at the designated beach;
- Supervises, motivates and provides development for staff;
- Upholds the professional image of the Beaches;
- Complies with the required standards of fitness at all times;
- Operates, maintains and performs administrative duties relating to the use of Power Craft;
- Assist in the promotion of Aquatic Safety awareness.
- Inspect voluntary Surf Lifesaving Clubs;
- Assumes overall responsibility for the designated beach, staff and lifeguard tower.
How to Apply
Interested persons should submit their applications on the prescribed application form, together with their CV, certified copy of qualifications, identity documents and driver’s license. Sealed applications must reach the Human Resources Manager on or before Friday, 18 May 2018 at 12:00.
Application forms are available at the Municipal Offices in Jeffreys Bay, Humansdorp, St Francis Bay, Hankey, Patensie, Loerie and Thornhill or can be obtained from the Municipal Website – www.kouga.gov.za For any inquiries contact Mr. B Faulkner: 042 2002 200.
- Non-submission of originally certified copies of academic records.
- Canvassing of councillors.
- Submission of fraudulent qualifications and/ or documents
NB: Please note that shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a vetting process. By applying for this position, the candidates agree to background checks being performed.
The Municipality reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Should you not hear from us within 30 days of closing date, kindly regard your application as being unsuccessful.
Kouga Municipality is an equal opportunity employer which subscribes to the principle of affirmative action which is non-sexist, non-racist, non-discriminatory and based on merit.
MR. C DU PLESSIS
P. O. BOX 21