King Cetshwayo District Municipality hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Deputy Municipal Manager. The application will close on 21st February 2020 @ 16:00.
Location: KwaZulu Natal
King Cetshwayo District Municipality advertised post is as follows:
- DEPUTY MUNICIPAL MANAGER: CORPORATE SERVICES, 5 YEARS FIXED TERM CONTRACT
- Applicants must be in possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration/ Management Sciences /Law, or equivalent qualification
- Applicants need to comply with the minimum competency in terms of the MFMA, or the appointed candidate will be given 18 months after appointment to comply.
- Applicants must have 5 years’ experience at the Middle Management Level as defined in the Local Government: Regulation on the Appointment and Conditions of Employment of Senior Managers, and have a proven successful management experience in administration.
- Good knowledge and understanding of institutional governance systems and performance management
- Good knowledge of corporate support services, including: Human Capital Management, Council Administration and Governance, Legal Services, Information Communication Technology
- Good knowledge of supply chain management regulations and the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act, 2000 (Act No. 5 of 2000)
- Good governance; Labour Relations Act, and other labour related prescripts
- Legal background and human capital management •Knowledge of coordination and oversight of all specialized support functions
- Oversee the implementation of the Human Resources systems and procedures
- Advise and make recommendations to the Municipal Manager on matters related to Corporate Governance
- Draft departmental operational and capital budget for submission to the Municipal Manager
- Provide departmental inputs and information during the development of the IDP
- Develop policy and governance systems on municipal ICT
- Ensure workplace safety and compliance with regulations
- Ensure the effective functioning of Council and committees of Council in accordance with council’s standing rules of order
- Ensure that Council agendas, minutes and resolutions are correctly crafted.
How to apply
Please forward your application with an application form obtainable from our website www.kingcetshwayo.gov.za consisting of a comprehensive CV, together with certified copies of relevant qualifications to: The Municipal Manager: Ms. Mbali Ndlovu, King Cetshwayo District Municipality, Private Bag X1025, Richards Bay, 3900 or hand deliver the applications at the Corporate Services Department, Reception Ground Floor at King Cetshwayo District Municipality, Corner Krugerrand and Barbados Bay Road, Richards Bay CBD.
Telephone enquiries should be directed to Ms. Gugu Gwala, Senior Manager Human Resources on 035 799 2500.