Government Technical Advisory Centre (GTAC) hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Project Administrator. The application will close on 19th July 2019 @ 12:00.
Government Technical Advisory Centre (GTAC) advertised post is as follows:
- PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR: STRATEGY MANAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS (SMC) UNIT REF NO: G0013/2019
- Relevant 3-year qualification diploma and/or Business Administration and/or Project Management.
- At least 3-4 years’ experience as a Project / Business Administrator in a government institution and / or project management environment.
- Must be able to function well in a multidisciplinary team with varying priorities.
- Function well under pressure in a relatively unstructured environment.
- Good knowledge of MS Office, e.g. Word, Excel, MS Project and PowerPoint is important.
- Competencies required; Client Orientation:Client-service orientation implies helping or serving others, to meet their needs. It means focusing on discovering those needs, figuring out how to best meet them as well as putting into practice the Batho Pele spirit. The term “clients” refers to both internal and external clients.
- Effective Communication:Ability to transmit and receive information clearly and communicate effectively to others by considering their points of view in order to respond appropriately. This may involve listening, interpreting, formulating and delivering: verbal, non-verbal, written, and/or electronic messages. It includes the ability to convey ideas and information in a way that brings understanding to the target audience.
- Emotional Intelligence:Capacity for recognising their own feelings and those of others, for motivating themselves and others as a result of this awareness, and for managing emotions within themselves and in others.
- Problem Solving and Analysis:Understanding a situation, issue, problem, etc., by breaking it into smaller pieces, or tracing the implications of a situation in a step-by-step way. It includes organizing the parts of a problem, situation, etc., in a systematic way; making systematic comparisons of different features or aspects; setting priorities on a rational basis; and identifying time sequences and causal relationships. Create timely and well developed solutions by examining alternatives, risks and consequences.
- Project Management: Knowledge of the principles, methods, or tools for developing, scheduling, coordinating and managing projects and resources, including monitoring and inspecting costs, work, and contractor performance.
How to apply
Applications can be hand delivered to the National Treasury Reception desk at 240 Madiba Street, Pretoria, or potential candidates may apply online on the GTAC website at https://www.gtac.gov.za/careers. Please visit the GTAC website at www.gtac.gov.za for more information.
Applications should be accompanied by a duly completed and signed Z83 form (obtainable from any Public Service department).
ENQUIRIES: Kaizer Malakoane, Tel No:(012) 315 5442