Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Chief State Veterinarian. The application will close on 24th May 2019.
Gauteng Department of Agriculture and Rural Development advertised post is as follows:
- CHIEF STATE VETERINARIAN -QUALITY ASSURANCE REF NO: REFS/003993
- Grade 12 plus Bachelor Degree in BVSc or BVMCh (NQF Level 7) as recognized by SAQA.
- 5 years’ working experience within Veterinary Public Health, Export Certification and Facilitation of export of animals and animal products, Animal Health and Meat Safety Legislation and Animal disease control, specifically state controlled diseases of which 3 years must be at a Supervisory level.
- Must be registered as a Veterinarian with the South African Veterinary Council.
- Valid Code EB driver’s license.
- Competencies: Proficiency in computer Microsoft Office packages.
- Understanding of food safety and hygiene, quality Management and Customer Service Management principles used in the public service.
- Knowledge of and conversant with South African veterinary legislation and relevant regulations and policies.
- Knowledge of information and records management as well as Occupational Health, Risk and Safety Management. Scientific research, presentation and report writing skills.
How to apply
To apply for the above position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/ or Hand Deliver: Ground floor 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House. NB: For assistance with online applications visit the following centres: 78 Fox Street, Marshalltown or Maponya Mall. Applications must be submitted on a signed Z83 form.
ENQUIRIES: Mr Rassy Rasemetse Tel No: 011 240 3083