Eastern Cape Department of Public Works invites suitable applicants to apply for Scholarship / Bursary Programme for 2020.
Location: Eastern Cape
Closing Date: 13th December 2019
The Eastern Cape Department of Public Works will provide fifty (50) bursaries/ financial assistance to students residing in the Eastern Cape Province and who are studying/ wish to study at a recognised / accredited University/University of Technology within South Africa for the 2020 academic year.
The Eastern Cape Department of Public Works award full time bursaries in the following fields of study:
- BSc: Civil Engineering
- BSc: Structural Engineering
- BSc: Mechanical Engineering
- BSc: Electrical Engineering
- BSc: Property Studies
- BSc: Actuarial Science
- BSc: Construction Studies
- BSc: Quantity Surveying
- BSc: Architecture• Degree/ B-Tech/ Diploma: Building
- Degree/ B-Tech/ Diploma: Real Estate
- Degree/ B-Tech/ Diploma: Town planning
- Degree/ B-Tech/ Diploma: Land surveying
- Degree/ B-Tech/ Diploma: Property Valuation
- Degree/ B-Tech/ Diploma: Interior Design
- Degree/ B-Tech/ Diploma: Architectural Studies
- The application must be fully completed.
- Attach proof of residence that can be obtained from the local authorities (e.g. letter from Ward Councillor, Tribal Chiefs).
- Attach proof of income for both parents (If there is one parent or none, provide proof with affidavit signed by commissioner and proof of income for the guardian).
- Proof of enrolment or provisional acceptance letter from the Public Tertiary institution
- Certified copy of a valid South African Identity Document
- Attachment of the Grade 12 Certificate or Highest Tertiary Qualification (if progressing student)
- Application forms are available at any Eastern Cape Department of Public Works Head Office, Regional Offices and on Departmental website. http://www.ecdpw.gov.za/Forms.aspx
Preference will be given to the following:
- Applicants that are South African citizens who are permanently residing in the Eastern Cape Province and coming from disadvantaged background.
- Applicants who wish to study towards areas identified by the department as scarce skills at recognized accredited University and University of Technology within South Africa.
- Candidates who have potential but due to their financial status cannot afford to pay their tertiary education.
- Students that are not currently benefiting from any other bursary scheme.
- Students that excel academically and/ or demonstrate potential in Grade 12.
- Designated groups (females, people with disabilities and children of military veterans)
How to apply
Department of Public Works The Director: Human Resource Utilisation and Capacity Development Unit 5 Amatola Business Village Bhisho Or Department of Public Works The Director: Human Resource Utilisation and Capacity Development Private Bag X0022, Bhisho, 5605
Enquiries may be directed to Ms. Zanele Mlilo 040 602 4122, Mrs. Noncedo Satyi at 040 602 4582 and Ms. Sicebiso. Khumalo 040 602 4761. For bursary programme enquiries, please contact Mr. Mzi Dingwayo at 087 354 2619