Eastern Cape Dept of Roads and Public Works invites students to apply for Bursary Programme 2018 academic year. The advertised Eastern Cape Dept of Roads & Public Works Bursaries 2018 are for Architectural Studies, Building Management, Construction Health and Safety Management, Town and Regional Planning, Civil Engineering, Interior Design, and many more.
Closing Date: 15 January 2018
Location: Eastern Cape
Check full details below…
DRPW EXTERNAL BUSARIES FOR 2018 ACADEMIC YEAR
The Eastern Cape Department of Roads and Public Works will provide twenty five (25) bursaries/ financial assistance to students residing in the Eastern Cape Province and who wish to study at a recognized / accredited learning institution within South Africa for the 2018 academic year. The purpose of the bursary scheme is to provide financial assistance for the education, training and skills development of historically disadvantaged South Africans who are considering a career in Engineering Sciences and related professions. The Bursary scheme is committed to achieving the Employment Equity imperatives within the National Skills Development Strategy and the strategic priorities of the Eastern Cape Department of Roads and Public Works. The Bursary Scheme promotes career development within identified scarce skills and professions in the Eastern Cape Department of Roads and Public Works.
THE FOCUS WILL BE STRICTLY UNDER THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
1. ND/ Degree in Architectural Studies
2. ND/ Degree Building Management
3. ND/ Degree in Construction Health and Safety Management
4. ND/Degree in Town and Regional Planning
5. ND/Degree in Landscape Architecture
6. ND/Degree in Property Management / Studies
7. ND/Degree in Real Estate
8. ND/Degree in Interior Design
9. BSC in Civil Engineering
10. Degree in Health, Safety and Environmental Management
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Applicants that are South African citizens who are permanently residing in the Eastern Cape Province and coming from disadvantaged background.
- Students that excel academically and/ or demonstrate potential in Grade 12. ·
- Students that are not currently benefiting from any other bursary scheme.
- Applicants who wish to study towards areas identified by the department as scarce skills at recognized accredited institutions of Higher learning within South Africa.
- Candidates who have potential but because of their financial status cannot afford to pay their tertiary education.
- ·Application forms are available at any Eastern Cape Department of Roads and Public Works Regional Offices and on Departmental website. http://www.ecdpw.gov.za/Forms.aspx.
- The application must be fully completed.
- Attach proof of residence that can be obtained from the local authorities (letter from Ward Councillor).
- Attach proof of income for both parents (If there is one parent or none, provide proof with affidavit signed by commissioner and proof of income for the guardian).
- To submit proof of latest results.
All successful applicants will be required to enter into contractual agreements with the Eastern Cape Department of Roads and Public Works.
No faxed, e-mailed or incomplete application forms will be considered.
Due to the volume of applications usually received, communication will only be limited to recommended applicants.
APPLICATION FORMS CAN BE SUBMITTED AS FOLLOWS:
Department of Roads and Public Works
The Director: Human Resource utilisation and Capacity Development
Private Bag X0022,
Department of Roads and Public Works
The Director: Human Resource Utilisation and Capacity Development
Independence Avenue, Qhasana Building
NB: No faxed, e-mailed or late applications will be considered. Failure to submit the required
documentation will lead to the disqualification of application. Enquiries may be directed to
Ms. Z. Mlilo and Mrs N. Ngumbela at 040 602 4052/ 4122.