Department of Planning Monitoring and Evaluation hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Sector Expert. The application will close on 10th May 2019 @ 12:00.
Department of Planning Monitoring and Evaluation advertised post is as follows:
- SECTOR EXPERT: EDUCATION AND SKILLS REF NO: 009/2019
- An appropriate 3-year tertiary qualification(NQF 6) in Social Sciences (with Labour Economics at third year level); Economics or equivalent with at least 6 years’ appropriate experience of which 3 years should be in post school education and training (PSET and national skills development) monitoring environment and 3 years at ASD level.
- An NQF 7 qualification and extensive experience in M & E of PSET will serve as an advantage.
- Competencies / Skills: The ideal candidate should have the following skills: in-depth knowledge and understanding of PSET sector (University, TVET Colleges, CET Colleges and National Skills Development SETA landscape; artisan development system) and how it works; funding and monitoring in PSET sector; research competency;ability to use MS Excel; good report writing and PowerPoint Presentation skills; ability to work independently, strong ability to demonstrate sound knowledge, understanding and analytical skills of policies and practices in the PSET sector; knowledge of national skills development legislation and artisan development system; be reliable and take initiative; should have good interpersonal; communication skills, be flexible and be a team player; planning and execution of functions, the ability to delegate and empower subordinates.
- The ideal candidate should have management skills and be able to control financial resources and supervise staff.
- Personal attributes: The incumbent must be assertive and self-driven, innovative and creative, client orientated and customer focused, solution orientated and able to work under stressful situations and the ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- A valid driver’s license.
How to apply
Applications must be sent to: The Department of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (DPME), by mail to Private Bag X944, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered at 330 Grosvenor Street, Hatfield, Pretoria.www.dpme.gov.za. For Attention: Ms J Mchunu. Applications must be submitted on originally signed Z.83 form.
ENQUIRIES: Ms J Mchunu Tel No: (012) 312-0462