Department of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Senior Sector Expert. The application will close on 6th March 2020 @ 16:30.
Department of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation advertised post is as follows:
- SENIOR SECTOR EXPERT: INFRASTRUCTURE REF NO 010/2020
- A 3-year tertiary qualification (NQF 7) in Civil Engineering, Project Management, Infrastructure/ Built Environment or equivalent with at least 8 years’ relevant experience of which 5 years’ at MMS (Deputy Director or equivalent) level.
- A relevant post-graduate qualification (NQF8) as well as in Monitoring and Evaluation will be an added advantage.
- A valid driver’s licence. Demonstrable public sector leadership acumen with a developmental lens.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Civil Engineering/Infrastructure Project Implementation; and infrastructure sector analysis.
- Deep understanding of key policy imperatives of government, including relevant public sector governance prescripts.
- Thorough understanding of the National Development Plan (NDP), and Medium Term Strategic Framework and experience in performing monitoring and evaluation in the infrastructure sector.
- Strong understanding of the work/functioning of Government and the various stakeholders.
- Well-developed strategic management & leadership capabilities.
- Well-developed innovation and organisational abilities.
- A good understanding of political and governance issues.
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation and regulations, including the Public Service Act (PSA), Public Finance Management Act (PFMA). Willingness to travel on a regular basis.
- Management skills including people management and empowerment, and experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to provide strategic direction and leadership.
- The ability/experience to create an environment for high performance culture and staff development.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (written & verbal) and the ability to communicate with diverse audiences.
- Highly developed negotiation skills.
- Development orientation and the ability to successfully operate at high level in government.
- Conflict management skills.
- Strategic and analytical skills. Research and policy analysis skills.
- Financial management and project/programme management skills with credible experience in managing complex systems, policy and multiple sector processes.
- Good computer literacy skills.
- The incumbent must be assertive and self-driven, innovative and creative, client orientated and customer focused, solution orientated and able to work under stressful situations.
How to apply
Applications must be sent to: The Department of Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation (DPME), by mail to Private Bag X944, Pretoria, 0001 or hand delivered at 330 Grosvenor Street, Hatfield, Pretoria.Website: www.dpme.gov.za. For Attention: Mr M Lehong.
Applications must be submitted on originally signed Z.83 accompanied by original certified
ENQUIRIES: Mr N Nomlala Tel No: (012) 312-0452