Department of Basic Education hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Chief Education Specialist. The application will close on 7th June 2019.
Department of Basic Education advertised post is as follows:
- CHIEF EDUCATION SPECIALIST: ( MATHEMATICAL LITERACY) Ref No: 2019/696
- Applicants must have an appropriate recognised three to four year qualification in Mathematics, which includes professional teacher education and be registered with SACE as professional Educator.
- The applicant must have at least 9years in the teaching field, including management experience in curriculum and supporting and supervising teachers in a province, districts or circuits.
- A specialized qualification in Teaching in Mathematics / Mathematical Literacy would be added advantage.
- The successful candidate will be expected to have knowledge of and insight into education policies and Legislation for both the General Education and Training and Further Education and Training (FET) BANDs, Grades R-12.
- Sound Knowledge of issues, challenges and initiatives pertaining to teaching and learning as well as promotion and progression policies in South Africa are essential.
- It is required that the applicant will have proven research and development skills, strategic planning, verbal and written communication skills, ability to work with a team, knowledge of project management, and management of budgets.
- The applicant must be able to take initiative with regard to challenges, be able to promote, plan and implement effective teaching and learning of the Mathematics/Mathematical Literacy subject.
- The candidate must have excellent analysis and formulation skills.
- Knowledge of ICT at the level of classroom practice is very important for this post.
- The successful candidate must further have a valid driver’s licence, advance computer skills.
- The successful candidate must be adaptable, disciplined, innovative, self-confident, work independently and must be able to work with a team.
- This person must therefore have a sound knowledge and understanding of hardware, software, and issues related to e-content as well as provincial implementation of ICT in Education.
How to apply
Submitted via post to: Private Bag X895, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-deliver to: The Department of Basic Education, 222 Struben Street, Pretoria. Please visit the Department of Education’s website at www.education.gov.za. For Attention: Ms M Thubane. Applications must be submitted on Form Z83 obtainable from any Public Service Department.
Enquiries: Mr A Tsamai (012) 357 3321/ Ms M Thubane (012) 357 3297