Department of Basic Education hereby invites applications for recruitment to the post of Chief Information Officer. The application will close on 22nd February 2019.
Department of Basic Education advertised post is as follows:
- CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER REF NO: 25621/03
- A relevant undergraduate qualification (NQF level 7) and a post graduate qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
- At least 8 to 10 years of experience at a senior managerial level
- Knowledge Management, Service Delivery Innovation, Problem Solving and Analysis, Client Orientation, Customer Focus, Communication Skills
- Strategic Capacity and Leadership
- People Management and Empowerment, Financial Management
- Change Management, ICT Strategic Leadership and Capability,
- ICT Programme and Project Management Delivery, Business Enterprise Knowledge, IT Risk and Security
- Transformational, Innovative and creative, Results-Oriented, Risk Management, Good Interpersonal Relations, Confidentiality, Ethical, Judgement. The candidate must be confident, trustworthy, accurate adaptable and diplomatic
- A valid driver’s license and be willing to travel extensively
How to apply
Submitted via post to: Private Bag X895, Pretoria, 0001 or hand-deliver to: The Department of Basic Education, 222 Struben Street, Pretoria. Please visit the Department of Education’s website at www.education.gov.za or the Department of Public Service and Administration vacancy circulars at www.dpsa.gov.za For Attention: Ms M Thubane. Applications must be submitted on a signed Z83 form.
Enquiries: Dr M Pillay Tel No: 012 357 3309/3361